Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Mrs. Clinton, U.S. tactics, and the Korean Peninsula

In this article, I am concerned with the tone our government cares to use, considering that North Korea is one of many nations in which the U.S. would like to see or to orchestrate a leadership change. It would be in our imperial interests, not in the interest of U.S. citizens, to remove the Kim family from power in Pyongyang. In doing so, this would further the U.S. grip on East Asia. Understandably, Seoul and Tokyo share U.S. sentiment. With American resources being spread incredibly thin over central Asia, our economy and political system cannot handle another front of conflict. For these reasons and more, I am waiting for Beijing to better articulate their angle and intentions toward dealing with this potential crisis.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/22/world/asia/22diplo.html?ref=asia

1 comment:

  1. I compleetly aggree with your oppinion on this issue. Not only would the need be great for a leadership change but we really need nothing to do with yet another front of conflict.

    ReplyDelete