Unfortunatley for the reader and I, it is a difficult task for one to obtain a thoroughly detailed understanding of the manner in which national unemployment and aid-distrubtion operates. Presented by many state and federal representatives, an extention of financial assistance for households of those unemployed has been requested for legislation. The question for this blog is whether or not I feel it is an appropriate measure; why or why not?
It is not so simple for me to answer with this blog. In theory, a systemized manner of presenting an insurance payment for a tax-paying citizen upon their loss of employment seems moral and just. However, insurance developes dependance and shifts the power of wealth from the hands of the many to the hands of the few. Therefor, in theory, I am completely opposed to unemployment payments. That is only in theory that I feel this way.
The U.S. and its citizens are in the crux of a seriously turmultious time. We are engaged in two wars of foreign soil. The federal government spends more annually than ever before. I gross domestic product is rising at the lowest level in over a decade. In addition, inflation is rising due to a lack interest-due for foreign investment. Because of the complexity of this issue, and lives that unemployment payments improve and sustain... I will leave this to the legislators. They will likely extend the benefit package and I will accept that.
Au revoir,
Michael
Friday, July 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment